US States and National Parks Visited as of 2017Our goal is to visit all the US states (or at least the lower 48) and as many National Parks as we can before time runs out. We have no idea when our time will run out for even the Bible tells us we don't know what tomorrow brings (The Book of James, Chapter 4). So to be on the safe side, we will say "Lord willing, we will eventually visit all of the US states". We started our adventures together in 2006 and as of 2017, this is our current tally:
30 US States - 21 National ParksThe US states we have been to are Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Wyoming, and Virginia.
Below is a list of all the National Parks we have been to thus far, in the order in which we saw them.
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- Shenandoah National Park
- Hot Springs National Park
- Badlands National Park
- Wind Cave National Park
- Yellowstone National Park
- Grand Teton National Park
- Arches National Park
- Canyonlands National Park
- Capitol Reef National Park
- Bryce Canyon National Park
- Zion National Park
- Grand Canyon National Park
- Petrified Forest National Park
- Mesa Verde National Park
- Carlsbad Caverns National Park
- Guadalupe Mountains National Park
- Everglades National Park
- Biscayne National Park
- Dry Tortugas National Park*
- Mammoth Cave National Park
* We only went to the port to Dry Tortugas and not actually out to the fort. At $150-$175 per person to ride the ferry out there, we felt it was simply not worth it. Maybe one day when we win the lottery or someone sponsors us, we will acatually visit the fort.
HAVE A COMMENT ABOUT THIS PAGE? POST IT HERE.
This is for comments only, please. If you have a question, email us.
Spammers are instantly banned. A link of any type will trigger a spam violation. All HTML is stripped out.
Sorry for this, but the spammers are relentless.